Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Stir Fry Vegetables

Stir Fry Vegetables


Mmm Mmm! I can smell it already: wafting around the kitchen tickling my taste buds as I add the sesame oil and toss it a final time. And, Oh! The aroma can't be put into words. Ok I'll still try...it's salivatitious.... or is it tastational :-) Whatever the description, stir fry veggies never last long at home. By the time you check back the wok, it's all gone. I've been trying to figure out what's the reason for this but I still haven't come up with it as yet. Quite possibly, it could be the oyster sauce or probably the chadon beni which, by the way, I can never get enough of. Maybe you can make this stir fry vegetables recipe and tell me why it disappears so quickly when I make it. :-)


STIR FRY VEGETABLES

4 cloves garlic, chopped finely
1/2 onion, sliced
1 leaf of big leaf thyme, chopped finely
6 leaves chadon beni, chopped finely
6 cauliflower florets, halved
1 carrot, cut into sticks
2 pimento peppers, sliced thinly
2 cups shredded cabbage
1 400g can of baby corn, drained
1 115g can whole mushrooms, halved
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp grated ginger
1 tbsp coconut oil
3 tsp sesame oil
salt to taste


1. Add the coconut oil to the wok over high heat.
2. Add the ginger onion, chadon beni, pimento peppers and thyme and stir fry for 1 minute.
3. Add the mushrooms and baby corn and stir fry for about 30 seconds.
4. Then add cauliflower, cabbage, carrots and sauces (soy and oyster) and stir fry for 1 minute.
5. Stir in sesame oil and toss well. Add salt to taste.


Anyway this is my first post here at the vegan project and it is a pleasure to be here. So look out for more delicious vegetarian recipes from my country Trinidad and Tobago. There are lots. While I get acquainted with the rest of the blog and the contributors you can see what I do here. Ah gone!

4 comments:

Cynthia

It is such a pleasure to see your first post.

As you can tell from my post here over the weekend, I LOVE stir fry veggies!

Yours is perfectly done with all the colours of the vegetables still bright and you can see the texture!

Felix

Thanks Cynthia. I liked your post with the pak choi. I just have to look for that sauce in the supermarket.

Lori Lynn

Sounds good!
Glad you are on board Felix!
LL

Felix

Thank you Lori.

  © by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Cynthia Nelson

Back to TOP