It's a long time since I wrote for this blog.Travel and family commitments kept me away from blogging for a few days and I think its high time I started writing again.
I am here today with a tasty dish-Rajma masala which is a famous North Indian side dish that goes well with steamed rice and Chapathi.This dish requires less effort and if you have canned kidney beans,you can whip this up in a jiffy!!!
This recipe has umpteen variations and what I prepare is quite simple yet full of flavor.Adjust the level of spiciness to suit your taste.
Rajma- One and a half cups
Tomato Puree- 1 cup
Ginger garlic paste-1 teaspoon
Coriander powder-1 teaspoon
Cumin powder-1 teaspoon
Red chilli powder-1 teaspoon
Garam masala-1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil- 2 teaspoons
- Soak the rajma overnight.Drain and pressure cook with enough water till soft but not mushy.Retain the cooking water.
- Heat oil in a pan and put in onion and bay leaves.
- When the onion is translucent,add ginger garlic paste and cook for 2 minutes
- Add Tomato puree and mix well.
- Next put in garam masala,coriander powder,cumin powder,red chilli powder,salt and mix well.Cook on medium flame till oil oozes out from the masala mixture.
- Put in the cooked rajma and the water used to boil the rajma.Simmer for 10 minutes and remove from heat.
- Serve garnished with coriander leaves.
I also blog @ Seduce Your Tastebuds