Saturday, June 11, 2011

Sugarcane Juice Sorbet

After a long gap, I am back with one of our favorite recipes. A cooler to quench the summer heat.Fresh juices are our saviors when its very hot outside.But sugarcane juice is not amongst Lil Angel's favorites list . She finds it too sweet. Her tolerable level is just a couple of sips and not more. We on the other hand love this so much that we don't mind gulping down a couple of cups at a time.

I wanted her to relish this juice too.Sugarcane juice has a number of health benefits apart from the fact that is very delicious.

  •  It is an instant source of energy.
  •  It has anti oxidant properties
  • It promotes the clear flow of urine and helpful in avoiding kidney stones.
  • Sugarcane juice is given in the treatment of jaundice
Apart from this it is really refreshing to have a cup of sugarcane juice when the summer heat is killing us.

Since she does not prefer the juice as it is,I wanted Lil one to enjoy it in a different form and thus was born this sorbet. In India, when the sugarcane juice is expressed, lime / lemon is kept between the sugarcane. The combo of lime and sugarcane is really refreshing. Here in China, sugarcane juice is expressed as such without any addition. I got this sugarcane juice [freshly expressed] ,came home and added ginger powder and lemon juice to taste. Then made it into sorbet. Lil Angel loved this!


I used :

Sugarcane juice - 300ml
Ginger powder- 1/2 a teaspoon
Lemon juice- 1 teaspoon

  1. Mix all the ingredients together .
  2. Put it into a freezer proof container and freeze till set. 
  3. Around 10-15 minutes before serving, remove from freezer, scrape with a fork and serve in individual cups.


Note :

You can adjust the quantity of ginger powder and lemon juice to suit your taste.

Bon Appetit...



Catch me cooking @ SeduceYour Tastebuds

10 comments:

Aarthi

Hai Dear

This looks yummy....you have a lovely blog...Please check out my blog..It is for food lovers and person who love to cook..You could find so many recipes that you can easily try at home..I update this blog on a regular basis…So please follow me and motivate me..Thank you

Aarthi

Unknown

beautiful...reminds me of being in india.

Happy to follow you...

Chk out my space too:
http://anuzhealthykitchen.blogspot.com/2011/06/event-july-healthy-fiber-and-protein.html

Shaheen

A real south asian treat. I remember sucking sugar cane pieces when I was small, this is making my mouth water.

Unknown

wow, that must've been delicious! too bad sugarcane is not available in the US only way i get to see them is in FV (lol) priya

Magia da Inês

ჱܓ
。°✿Olá,amiga!

Passei apenas para lhe dizer

Boa noite!!!

Receita maravilhosa!

✿•˚。
° 。✿ °° 。Beijinhos.
✿ °° 。Brasil

Cynthia

OMG, this is such an excellent idea! I will definitely give this a try as soon as I can get my hands on some fresh cane juice.

Anonymous

Woww.. I love sugarcane juice and I cant imagine how awesome this sorbet will be. Can I have some please? :D

Jayanthy Kumaran

wow....very inviting..
first time here..love your sapce..
amazing recipe collection with awesome presentation.
Am your happy subscriber now..:)
do stop by mine sometime..
Tasty Appetite

Asmita

OMG, how I would just love to have sugarcane juice right now. Sugarcane sorbet is just perfect.

Sugarcane Juice Machine Kenya

Nice Blog! Keep writing and updating something on Sugarcane Juice Extractor I like to read these kinds of blog. Thanks for sharing.

  © by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Cynthia Nelson

Back to TOP