After a long gap, I am back with one of our favorite recipes. A cooler to quench the summer heat.Fresh juices are our saviors when its very hot outside.But sugarcane juice is not amongst Lil Angel's favorites list . She finds it too sweet. Her tolerable level is just a couple of sips and not more. We on the other hand love this so much that we don't mind gulping down a couple of cups at a time.
I wanted her to relish this juice too.Sugarcane juice has a number of health benefits apart from the fact that is very delicious.
- It is an instant source of energy.
- It has anti oxidant properties
- It promotes the clear flow of urine and helpful in avoiding kidney stones.
- Sugarcane juice is given in the treatment of jaundice
Since she does not prefer the juice as it is,I wanted Lil one to enjoy it in a different form and thus was born this sorbet. In India, when the sugarcane juice is expressed, lime / lemon is kept between the sugarcane. The combo of lime and sugarcane is really refreshing. Here in China, sugarcane juice is expressed as such without any addition. I got this sugarcane juice [freshly expressed] ,came home and added ginger powder and lemon juice to taste. Then made it into sorbet. Lil Angel loved this!
Sugarcane juice - 300ml
Ginger powder- 1/2 a teaspoon
Lemon juice- 1 teaspoon
- Mix all the ingredients together .
- Put it into a freezer proof container and freeze till set.
- Around 10-15 minutes before serving, remove from freezer, scrape with a fork and serve in individual cups.
You can adjust the quantity of ginger powder and lemon juice to suit your taste.
Catch me cooking @ SeduceYour Tastebuds