Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Tofu Soup With Moong Noodles

I can’t stop myself from buying a block of fresh tofu whenever I go veggie shopping. A couple of days ago when I got one, I planned to make a soup with it. A simple soup with earthly Asian flavors. You can add or leave out any ingredient and yet the soup will be nourishing and filling.



I used:



This click will show you what I used and the quantity is up to you. The quantity that you see above is sufficient for 2 servings.

  1. Heat sesame oil in a wok and when it is smoky hot add ginger and garlic and sauté for a couple of seconds.
  2. Add the mushroom and stir quickly on high heat.
  3. Next in goes the water/ stock [I used around 500ml for 2 people] and bring to boil.
  4. Add the soy sauce.
  5. When the soup boils, add the moong noodles.The noodles should get cooked in 5 minutes Add the cubed tofu and mix gently.
  6. When the noodles is done, use chopsticks [or fork or anything you are comfortable with] and divide the noodles into two bowls.
  7. Ladle out the soup along with the veggies and tofu.
  8. Garnish with moong bean sprouts and spring onion.
  9. Drizzle Chilli oil and serve hot.






Bon Appetit...

3 comments:

Cynthia

You know, I never buy tofu to cook at home but whenever I got out and find a tofu dish on the menu, I always order. Each time I've ordered it the dish has been delicious but I think that I will stick to ordering it :)

Your soups looks good.

Charitha

tofu ,its healthy for good cholesteral proelm people should eat this..thanku for sharing this item..

join me
www.womensera2008.blogspot.com

Melanie

Beautiful. I love tofu and this soup looks great!

  © by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 Modified by Cynthia Nelson

Back to TOP