I can’t stop myself from buying a block of fresh tofu whenever I go veggie shopping. A couple of days ago when I got one, I planned to make a soup with it. A simple soup with earthly Asian flavors. You can add or leave out any ingredient and yet the soup will be nourishing and filling.
- Heat sesame oil in a wok and when it is smoky hot add ginger and garlic and sauté for a couple of seconds.
- Add the mushroom and stir quickly on high heat.
- Next in goes the water/ stock [I used around 500ml for 2 people] and bring to boil.
- Add the soy sauce.
- When the soup boils, add the moong noodles.The noodles should get cooked in 5 minutes Add the cubed tofu and mix gently.
- When the noodles is done, use chopsticks [or fork or anything you are comfortable with] and divide the noodles into two bowls.
- Ladle out the soup along with the veggies and tofu.
- Garnish with moong bean sprouts and spring onion.
- Drizzle Chilli oil and serve hot.